Nov 29, 2010

Things I did in TWENTY10

This post is a reply/update to 'Things to be done in TWENTY10!'

What I had planned and what happened. I will copy paste the part I had planned from the original post and then follow it up with what I actually did.

January: Attend the 'Industrial Visit' and hopefully, I won't actually have a poem like 'The Contrive' to write like I had last time around.

Attended the 'Industrial Visit' and it was way more fun with 7-8 of us hanging together all the time. We were like the outcast people but we certainly enjoyed it. And I can write a lot more than a poem like 'The Contrive' (The Contrive is a poem I had written after my 1st IV. You can find it on my blog itself) on what all happened on the IV. I can, but I wont. Too embarrassing.

February: Organise 'SPACE 2010 - Revolutionise the way you see'. I hope it turns out to be the best festivals that the BE's have seen in their 4 years of engineering.
Sem 5 result expected.

Organised SPACE and was told by the BE's that it was indeed one of the best festivals they have seen in our college. I take them by their word, I am not complaining. Sem 5 results were declared and I had passed. :-)

March: My sisters wedding. Help out my family with the preparation. Rishkul and Suresh were very happy that my parents invited them for the wedding. Foodie rascals! Are only interested in food that is going to be served.
If not in February, results will certainly be out in this month.

I didn't get to eat much during the reception. :-(

April: Journal submissions and viva preparations. Yeah, again the same old shit. :-(

As I said, same old shit.

May: College ends, vivas start and mid May come the dreadful Sem 6 written exams. :-(

I said no, dreadful.

June: Exams continue and end mid June. After that enjoy.
Oh yeah, I would have had to decide between GATE, GRE, Placements and/or CAT by this time. :-( Some one help. :-(
Ok, here it goes. If i decide I'm going to take GRE, study for GRE. Same goes for whichever exam I decide to take.

I decided, I have no interest in MS studies. Skipped GRE. Had decided to start studying for CAT. Never happened.

July: Enjoy the vacation and pretty much do the same I do by the end of June. Study for higher education entrance examinations.
Oh yes, I forgot, college reopens.
Also, will know by now if I have internship in the final year or screw myself with new subjects in Sem 8. :-(
Will the placement process start? :-/

College reopened. Didn't study for CAT. Learnt, we have no internship and normal 2 semesters of college. Yes, screw myself with new subjects. Also, placement process did start with we being informed that L&T is scheduled to visit in first week of August.

August: If I decide to take GRE, take it now.
Will have to decide my final year BE project.
Will the placement process start? :-/

No GRE. Final Year Project: GPS Based Vehicle Tracking System. Also, placement process started. I was placed in L&T. Serious, I didnt prepare either for the aptitude test or the interview. Luck, it is called.

September: My mothers birthday on the first day of this month. Will celebrate. :D
And yeah, good GRE score means I would start with the application process.
Also, study for CAT. Timepass, you see.
Work on BE project.
Will the placement process start? :-/

Celebrated mothers birthday, forgot how. Didn't appear for GRE, so no application process. Didn't study for CAT either. Lmao @ working on BE project.

October: Ohhhh, here comes journal completion, submission and viva preparation again. Engineering, I tell you! :-(
Prepare to take the CAT. (GRE or no GRE)
Work on BE project.
Will the placement process start? :-/

Journal completion - Check; Submission - Check; Viva Preparation - LMAO
CAT - Didn't study
BE Project - Didn't work on it
Placement - Done

November: Vivas, Practicals!
And yeah, CAT! (Again, GRE or no GRE)
Celebrate dad's birthday!
Will the placement process start? :-/

Vivas only. No practicals in BE. :D Worst vivas I have ever faced. My confusing arose from the fact that after securing a job in 'electronics', I was asked by two external if I was really worthy of being an engineer.
CAT - Was a good experience.
Didn't quite celebrate dad's birthday.


A month more to go. I should say I have been happy with my year so far. Wait, a month long exam to go? Will I say the same on 27th December at 1.30 pm when I walk out of my examination hall? Only time will tell.


Will leave you with a graph I made. Works for all Mumbai University engineering students.


8 comments:

Rishkul Kulkarni said...

you certainly have a boring life...everything nice happens to you..a lucky, albeit boring life.. :P

Harshad said...

look who is talking about a boring life. :P

(though i shall agree)

pratap said...

interesting account! well put. Go study now

Preeti Ramaraj said...

You actually made a graph!!
and its nice to see what you thought and what you did :P
i want to do that..just to see :P

GRE Test said...

Nice blog! I like your writing way. I'm doing practice GRE here: masteryourgre.com . I hope it's useful for GRE test takers.

Wanderer said...

:D
Why are all the interesting details left out?
Well summed up. Good life you have. Not as boring as rishkul's. :D
Write more often, see I am being nice!

Anonymous said...

I give birth to infer from a scarcely any of the articles on your website now, and I really like your line of blogging. I added it to my favorites entanglement period muster and will be checking back soon. Please contain out my position as well and let me be familiar with what you think. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

INSERT